Works well, installs easily, and has very good signal strength (considering it's a mechanical splice).
The packaging doesn't include an instruction manual, but Fiberstore emailed this to me in just a few hours after requesting it.
Until the instructions are updated to this web page or sent in the packaging, please use these instructions:
1. Remove the sleeve component from the connector.
2. Insert the fiber through the sleeve.
3. Strip the fiber so that you have 13mm of 250μm and at least 18mm of 125μm
4. Cleave the fiber with alcohol wipes.
5. Cleave the fiber at 21mm (so that the end of your fiber has 13mm of 250μm and 8mm of 125μm)
6. Insert the fiber through the back of the connector, use the v-groove guide to push it into the splice.
7. Push until the fiber starts to bend.
8. Push the translucent yellow button at the front of the connector all the way to the forward position to lock the fiber.
9. Pull back on the fiber to remove the bend.
10. Push the sleeve over the connector.
The reason I'm giving this product 4 stars instead of 5 is because the sleeve doesn't lock onto the connector very well, so it's possible to accidentally pull off the sleeve when unplugging the connector.
Recommended product for anyone interested in building a small fiber network without having to purchase a fusion splicer.
Dear Dirk, thanks for your detailed instructions about the connector, which is really informative. We will perfect our service from every aspect to provide better customer experience. Thanks again for your useful recommendation!FS TeamOctober 27,2016
Tu dirección de correo electrónico o contraseña no es correcta.
Nuestro sistema ya tiene un registro de esa dirección de correo electrónico, por favor intente iniciar sesión con esa dirección de correo electrónico. Si no usa esa dirección más, puede corregirla en el área Mi cuenta.